Give a Day on March 16 – and earn a 30% match!
Community Water Solutions is reaching out to our friends and supporters because on March 16, our partner Global Giving offering a 30% match on all donations up to $1,000 per donor to CWS made through the Global Giving website.
We’d like to use this special opportunity to invite you to join our second annual “Give-a-Day Program!” You can make an immediate positive impact on the health and prosperity of rural village communities in Africa by contributing your compensation from a day of work.
By Giving a Day, you’ll have a chance to participate in the hard work and team spirit that our partners and colleagues at CWS enjoy week in and week out.
Here’s what the CWS team in Ghana can achieve in a day:
- Amina, who operates the treatment center in Gbong, can produce 400 liters of clean, safe drinking water for her village
- Peter, a CWS Project Manager, can educate 50 households on water health & safety
- Soufoo, our Chief Engineer, can build a new treatment center using cement, sand, and other supplies from the market in Tamale
- Shak, another CWS Project Manager, can distribute safe storage containers to an entire village
What can you achieve in a day?
By contributing your compensation from a day at your regular work, combined with the 30% match from Global Giving, you’ll be moving us closer to our goal of eradicating the need for safe drinking water in Northern Region Ghana. We’d be thrilled to have you join us!
How to contribute
Vist the CWS Global Giving Page (not the CWS website!) on March 16 and donate with a credit card. GlobalGiving is giving away $75,000 in matching funds, so the earlier in the day that you donate the better! Once, GlobalGiving has reached their $75,000 limit, they will not longer be matching donations. See below for more terms and conditions.
Thanks so much for you continued support!
GlobalGiving’s Terms and Conditions:
- Matching is applied up to $1,000 per donor per project on March 16, 2011 between 12:01am and 11:59 pm EST (GMT-4) until matching funds run out;
- There is $75,000 available matching funds;
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by March 15th ;
- Only online donations (credit card or paypal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check are not eligible;
- • Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.